Google Cloud Platform - The Good, Bad, and Ugly (It's Mostly Good) - Deps



Google Cloud Platform - The Good, Bad, and Ugly (It's Mostly Good) - Deps

Deps is a private, hosted, Maven repository. While building it I had a critical decision to make - Where to host it? I evaluated many different hosting services but decided on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). I've been using it in pre-production and then production for over a year and a half now. I haven't seen too many experience reports on Google Cloud, so I wanted to share how I've found it, what went well, and what still needs improving. I've split my thoughts below into good, meh, bad, ugly, and opportunities for improvement. I have compared and contrasted with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the other hosting provider that I have the most experience with, and GCP's biggest competitor.

A note up front, these are solely my experiences, and it's quite possible that I've misunderstood or misrepresented things here. If I've made any mistakes, let me know so I can correct them. I only talk about services that I have experience using. There are a bunch of really good looking services like Google Kubernetes Engine, Google App Engine, and BigQuery, but I haven't used them enough (or at all) to be able to give a review on them.


Read full article from Google Cloud Platform - The Good, Bad, and Ugly (It's Mostly Good) - Deps


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Algorithm (219) Lucene (130) LeetCode (97) Database (36) Data Structure (33) text mining (28) Solr (27) java (27) Mathematical Algorithm (26) Difficult Algorithm (25) Logic Thinking (23) Puzzles (23) Bit Algorithms (22) Math (21) List (20) Dynamic Programming (19) Linux (19) Tree (18) Machine Learning (15) EPI (11) Queue (11) Smart Algorithm (11) Operating System (9) Java Basic (8) Recursive Algorithm (8) Stack (8) Eclipse (7) Scala (7) Tika (7) J2EE (6) Monitoring (6) Trie (6) Concurrency (5) Geometry Algorithm (5) Greedy Algorithm (5) Mahout (5) MySQL (5) xpost (5) C (4) Interview (4) Vi (4) regular expression (4) to-do (4) C++ (3) Chrome (3) Divide and Conquer (3) Graph Algorithm (3) Permutation (3) Powershell (3) Random (3) Segment Tree (3) UIMA (3) Union-Find (3) Video (3) Virtualization (3) Windows (3) XML (3) Advanced Data Structure (2) Android (2) Bash (2) Classic Algorithm (2) Debugging (2) Design Pattern (2) Google (2) Hadoop (2) Java Collections (2) Markov Chains (2) Probabilities (2) Shell (2) Site (2) Web Development (2) Workplace (2) angularjs (2) .Net (1) Amazon Interview (1) Android Studio (1) Array (1) Boilerpipe (1) Book Notes (1) ChromeOS (1) Chromebook (1) Codility (1) Desgin (1) Design (1) Divide and Conqure (1) GAE (1) Google Interview (1) Great Stuff (1) Hash (1) High Tech Companies (1) Improving (1) LifeTips (1) Maven (1) Network (1) Performance (1) Programming (1) Resources (1) Sampling (1) Sed (1) Smart Thinking (1) Sort (1) Spark (1) Stanford NLP (1) System Design (1) Trove (1) VIP (1) tools (1)

Popular Posts