Testing CORS with POSTman | antony_scott



Testing CORS with POSTman | antony_scott

I've just added CORS support to my Web API and have spend a not inconsiderable amount of time chasing my tail and trying all sorts of different things to try and get it working. Let me explain …

I use the POSTman chrome extension to test my API (outside of unit/integration tests) and whenever I made a request I wasn't getting back the expected Access-Control-Allow-Origin header in the response. So, I loaded up fiddler after scratching my head for a while and I could see the Origin header wasn't being sent in the request. Apparently chrome restricts that header, so it was getting stripped out. I could have used the POSTman python proxy (https://github.com/a85/POSTMan-Chrome-Extension/wiki/Postman-Proxy) but since I already have fiddler I simply customised it a little. I started off by adding a new RulesOption and hard-coding the Origin in fiddler, like so …


Read full article from Testing CORS with POSTman | antony_scott


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Algorithm (219) Lucene (130) LeetCode (97) Database (36) Data Structure (33) text mining (28) Solr (27) java (27) Mathematical Algorithm (26) Difficult Algorithm (25) Logic Thinking (23) Puzzles (23) Bit Algorithms (22) Math (21) List (20) Dynamic Programming (19) Linux (19) Tree (18) Machine Learning (15) EPI (11) Queue (11) Smart Algorithm (11) Operating System (9) Java Basic (8) Recursive Algorithm (8) Stack (8) Eclipse (7) Scala (7) Tika (7) J2EE (6) Monitoring (6) Trie (6) Concurrency (5) Geometry Algorithm (5) Greedy Algorithm (5) Mahout (5) MySQL (5) xpost (5) C (4) Interview (4) Vi (4) regular expression (4) to-do (4) C++ (3) Chrome (3) Divide and Conquer (3) Graph Algorithm (3) Permutation (3) Powershell (3) Random (3) Segment Tree (3) UIMA (3) Union-Find (3) Video (3) Virtualization (3) Windows (3) XML (3) Advanced Data Structure (2) Android (2) Bash (2) Classic Algorithm (2) Debugging (2) Design Pattern (2) Google (2) Hadoop (2) Java Collections (2) Markov Chains (2) Probabilities (2) Shell (2) Site (2) Web Development (2) Workplace (2) angularjs (2) .Net (1) Amazon Interview (1) Android Studio (1) Array (1) Boilerpipe (1) Book Notes (1) ChromeOS (1) Chromebook (1) Codility (1) Desgin (1) Design (1) Divide and Conqure (1) GAE (1) Google Interview (1) Great Stuff (1) Hash (1) High Tech Companies (1) Improving (1) LifeTips (1) Maven (1) Network (1) Performance (1) Programming (1) Resources (1) Sampling (1) Sed (1) Smart Thinking (1) Sort (1) Spark (1) Stanford NLP (1) System Design (1) Trove (1) VIP (1) tools (1)

Popular Posts