(99+) Key to nailing the interviews - LeetCode Discuss



(99+) Key to nailing the interviews - LeetCode Discuss

For the longest time, I thought that passing an interview requires you to successfully solve a problem. The solution you provide should be optimal and you need to code it.
My University hosted a Job Fair for Summer Internships, where despite my seniors telling me that Job Fairs are a waste of time, I decided to to go anyways. I visisted the Oath booth, was greeted by an inquiring face which I liked. Unlike other companies, they person took their time to go through my Resume, asked questions about my projects. I made sure to email that person later during the day to thank him for his diligence. I was later contacted by the same person to schedule telephonic interview rounds. Much to my delight, I scheduled those rounds in the following week. I know I should I have reserved atleast 1 week to practice, but this was my first time. Anyhow, I was asked the Peak Value in an Array problem. I gave a linear time solution, then gave a O(log(n)) solution. The second was a Single Runway Airport problem. It was a complicated problem, so I won't go into details. The interviewer was happy with my solutions and he scheduled me for another round. Mind you that I was a novice at LeetCode that time, and had hardly done like 3-4 problems. Later during the day, I googled the solution for the Peak Value problem and found the solution in LeetCode and that's when I realized how important it is to practice different kinds of problems.

Read full article from (99+) Key to nailing the interviews - LeetCode Discuss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Algorithm (219) Lucene (130) LeetCode (97) Database (36) Data Structure (33) text mining (28) Solr (27) java (27) Mathematical Algorithm (26) Difficult Algorithm (25) Logic Thinking (23) Puzzles (23) Bit Algorithms (22) Math (21) List (20) Dynamic Programming (19) Linux (19) Tree (18) Machine Learning (15) EPI (11) Queue (11) Smart Algorithm (11) Operating System (9) Java Basic (8) Recursive Algorithm (8) Stack (8) Eclipse (7) Scala (7) Tika (7) J2EE (6) Monitoring (6) Trie (6) Concurrency (5) Geometry Algorithm (5) Greedy Algorithm (5) Mahout (5) MySQL (5) xpost (5) C (4) Interview (4) Vi (4) regular expression (4) to-do (4) C++ (3) Chrome (3) Divide and Conquer (3) Graph Algorithm (3) Permutation (3) Powershell (3) Random (3) Segment Tree (3) UIMA (3) Union-Find (3) Video (3) Virtualization (3) Windows (3) XML (3) Advanced Data Structure (2) Android (2) Bash (2) Classic Algorithm (2) Debugging (2) Design Pattern (2) Google (2) Hadoop (2) Java Collections (2) Markov Chains (2) Probabilities (2) Shell (2) Site (2) Web Development (2) Workplace (2) angularjs (2) .Net (1) Amazon Interview (1) Android Studio (1) Array (1) Boilerpipe (1) Book Notes (1) ChromeOS (1) Chromebook (1) Codility (1) Desgin (1) Design (1) Divide and Conqure (1) GAE (1) Google Interview (1) Great Stuff (1) Hash (1) High Tech Companies (1) Improving (1) LifeTips (1) Maven (1) Network (1) Performance (1) Programming (1) Resources (1) Sampling (1) Sed (1) Smart Thinking (1) Sort (1) Spark (1) Stanford NLP (1) System Design (1) Trove (1) VIP (1) tools (1)

Popular Posts