Markdown Tutorial | Lesson 7



Markdown Tutorial | Lesson 7

Markdown has several ways of formatting paragraphs.

Let's take a few lines of poetry as an example. Suppose you want to write text that looks like this:

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

Now, you might think that simply typing each verse onto its own line would be enough to solve the problem:

Do I contradict myself?  Very well then I contradict myself,  (I am large, I contain multitudes.)  

Unfortunately, you'd be wrong! This Markdown would render simply as a single straight line: Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.).

If you forcefully insert a new line, you end up breaking the togetherness:

Do I contradict myself?    Very well then I contradict myself,    (I am large, I contain multitudes.)  

This is what's known as a hard break; what our poetry asks for is a soft break. You can accomplish this by inserting two spaces after each new line. This is not possible to see, since spaces are invisible, but it'd look something like this:


Read full article from Markdown Tutorial | Lesson 7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Algorithm (219) Lucene (130) LeetCode (97) Database (36) Data Structure (33) text mining (28) Solr (27) java (27) Mathematical Algorithm (26) Difficult Algorithm (25) Logic Thinking (23) Puzzles (23) Bit Algorithms (22) Math (21) List (20) Dynamic Programming (19) Linux (19) Tree (18) Machine Learning (15) EPI (11) Queue (11) Smart Algorithm (11) Operating System (9) Java Basic (8) Recursive Algorithm (8) Stack (8) Eclipse (7) Scala (7) Tika (7) J2EE (6) Monitoring (6) Trie (6) Concurrency (5) Geometry Algorithm (5) Greedy Algorithm (5) Mahout (5) MySQL (5) xpost (5) C (4) Interview (4) Vi (4) regular expression (4) to-do (4) C++ (3) Chrome (3) Divide and Conquer (3) Graph Algorithm (3) Permutation (3) Powershell (3) Random (3) Segment Tree (3) UIMA (3) Union-Find (3) Video (3) Virtualization (3) Windows (3) XML (3) Advanced Data Structure (2) Android (2) Bash (2) Classic Algorithm (2) Debugging (2) Design Pattern (2) Google (2) Hadoop (2) Java Collections (2) Markov Chains (2) Probabilities (2) Shell (2) Site (2) Web Development (2) Workplace (2) angularjs (2) .Net (1) Amazon Interview (1) Android Studio (1) Array (1) Boilerpipe (1) Book Notes (1) ChromeOS (1) Chromebook (1) Codility (1) Desgin (1) Design (1) Divide and Conqure (1) GAE (1) Google Interview (1) Great Stuff (1) Hash (1) High Tech Companies (1) Improving (1) LifeTips (1) Maven (1) Network (1) Performance (1) Programming (1) Resources (1) Sampling (1) Sed (1) Smart Thinking (1) Sort (1) Spark (1) Stanford NLP (1) System Design (1) Trove (1) VIP (1) tools (1)

Popular Posts